Learning Tango from a certified master of the 80's and a multi-awarded artist is a priceless experience for any seasoned enthusiast.
Not everyone of this Tango generation will know who Alejandro Aquino is unless one has been into it for many years or is addicted to the point of doing researches about this passionate dance from the past. Specially hand-picked by Osvaldo Pugliese to be his signature dancer for his numerous concerts abroad together with the legendary Vanina Bilous, one can easily spot the style and quality the man can offer.
Prior to beginning his career as a tango dancer, Alejandro Aquino finished his studies at the Instituto Superior de Arte del Teatro Colon in Buenos Aires, where he subsequently became a member of the corps de ballet. In 1985 he was a featured dancer at Teatro Alvear, together with principal dancers of the Teatro Colon.
Some highlights in his extensive and extraordinary career:
• Alejandro was chosen by Maestro Osvaldo Pugliese, composer, orchestra leader and one of the most important figures in the history of tango music, to join the Orquesta Osvaldo Pugliese on tour in America, Asia and Europe. Among these was the historic concert of Osvaldo Pugliese and Astor Piazzolla at the Royal Carre Theatre in Amsterdam, Holland on June 26,1989.
• Performed in the famous Aldwych West End Theater in London with the legendary company “Tango Argentino” of Claudio Segovia and Hector Orezzolli. Among the guests were Lady Diana Spencer and singer Elton John.
• In 1992 he created his first complete work – “Tangueros” with the sponsorship of the Festival Internacional: “Oriente - Ocidente” of Trento and Roverto in Italy and was the artistic director, choreographer and scenic director of a dance company bearing the same name presented with great success and critically acclaimed bringing the most important musicians of the genre.
• From 1997 – 2011 Alejandro establishes himself in Italy and dedicates himself to teaching and to transmitting his knowledge of Tango in all of Europe.
• In 2003 creates and produces the show “Homenage a OsvladoPugliese” with the Orquesta Color Tango led by Roberto Alvarez, and presented personally by Lidia Pugliese. The show subsequently toured in Italy.