Youth Dance Classes
Please take some to read over our rules and regulations for our Children's Dance Program. It is important that our studio and learning environment remains as harmonious as possible, so we may offer the best education for your child!
Drop Off and Pick Up
Children must arrive on time to class. If you arrive late to class, parents please wait for the music to stop before entering the studio so the focus of the class in not interrupted.
Parents please notify reception by phone or e-mail if your child will not be attending class.
Children are to be picked up promptly after class. If different arrangements have been made for your child's pick up, please let the Youth Program Coordinator know.
Children should be in appropriate dance attire (Attire information located below) and ready for class before the class begins.
Parents are allowed to watch the class at any of the viewing windows at the studio. Some children are easily distracted by parents watching. If you notice this, please stand away.
Keeping Updated with Important Info
Please keep your personal information like telephone number, address, email, updated with the reception desk. Don't forget about your emergency contact either.
Our regular newsletter will be e-mailed monthly, parents MUST read them thoroughly to keep updated with new information events, classes, and dance camps!
Class Cancellation: Sometimes classes may be canceled due to bad weather and other circumstances. In this case, all parents will be contacted immediately and a make up class will be rescheduled.
Ballet Classes - Girls
-Pink elastic waist flowing skirt-Pale pink tights -Pink LEATHER ballet slippers -Pink TANK TOP body suit -Hair must be neatly pulled back off of the forehead into a high ponytail or bun. This means NO BANGS. Feel free to have clips hold the hair back
Ballet Classes - Boys
-Black Shorts or Tights -White T Shirt (short sleeves) -Black or white ballet slippers with white socks, Hair neat and tidy
Jazz/Tap/Contemporary/Performance Classes - Girls and Boys
-Black Jazz Body suit (girls) -Black Jazz pants -Appropriate Dance Shoes -any color Jazz warm up sweat shirt and sweat pants ,hair clean and tidy, long hair in a pony tail or pulled back off face.
Hip Hop/Break Dance Classes - Girls and Boys
-Baggy pants (that show the feet) -T-shirt -crop top or fitted shirt -indoor running shoes or jazz sneakers ( please do not use street shoes! Must have a separate pair for indoors), hair in a pony tail , half up half down . Must have hair away from face.
-Black body suit (girls) -Black Jazz pants - Salsa Shoes (inquire with studio) - Crop top or fitted shirt -long hair in a pony tail, or pulled back off face.
- NO jewelry allowed except small earrings
- Please bring a small face cloth
- Knee pads (If needed, purchase for Jazz & Hip Hop)
- Something to do when waiting for pick up (book, puzzle ,artwork etc.)
- We suggest that all of the children have a dance bag that holds all their belongings . This is left in the change room during dance time. Any articles left behind in the change room are not the responsibility of City Dance Corps.
Payments are due on certain requested dates. Any late payment will incur a penalty fee of $10 + a %24 A.P.R.
Late costume payments will incur a $5 late fee.
- Please do not wear street shoes in the dance studio. Especially through the winter months.
- Water is allowed in the dance studio, no food. If you do not bring the water in to the class with you, you will not be allowed to leave the class to get it.
- Please put any trash in the garbage, specifically drink bottles, and make sure the studio is left in order.
- No gum!
- No hanging on Barres or touching the mirrors.
- No running or gymnastics in hallway . This also goes for screaming or being loud while other classes are in progress.
- Please hang all clothes up in the changerooms . Store shoes and bags neatly in their place. Remember we are not the only ones using this room.
- On entering the studio, a positive and professional attitude is expected from all students and parents.
- Students are expected to be in class every week. Students must arrive 10 min early to class and be picked up within 15 minutes after the class.
- After January 1, 2011 a student may not be able to participate in the year end recital if 2 or more classes are missed.
- All students must abide by the dress code.
- Profanity, unsportsmanlike conduct, or gossip about fellow students will not be tolerated.
- Cell phones are not permitted to be on while class is in progress.
- While class is in session, please do not open the dance room doors as it is very disruptive to the dancers.
- Food or drink is not permitted in the studios. No gum. Water is permitted in studios.
- We have change rooms that provide an area for students to change for class. It is not intended as a play area. Please bring activities (books, puzzles, games etc) to occupy your waiting time. Dad's are not allowed in the changerooms
- Students should use the hooks for all dance bags and gear. Please do not leave shoes or clothes on the change room floor since this is a hazard to other dancers. Outdoor shoes are to be left at entrance. Other items that too big for hooks are to be tucked under benches. Dads will not be permitted in the girls change room.
- Parents, please remind students to clean up after themselves and respect studio property. Thank you!
Withdrawals, Transfers and Refunds
- All Withdrawals from the Youth program must be made in writing.
- $20 Registration fee is NON refundable.
- Costume fee is NON refundable after December 3, 2012.
- Annual and Term Enrollment: Refund requests must be made before October 1, 2012 and only 75% of class fees will refunded. Classes already taken will not be refunded.
- Quarterly Enrollment: Refund requests must be made before the end of the current quarter, and there will be NO Refund for the reminaining Quarterly payement.
- $25 Transfer fee will be charged for students transfering between classes. Transfer requests must be made in writing. City Dance Corps reserves the right to deny transfers if they feel the quality of the class and the student's progression will be compromised.
- All withdrawls due to injury must have a doctor's note submitted.